Thursday, July 28, 2011

First Full Day in Hanoi

Hello everyone!

Greetings from the heart of Hanoi near Hoan Kiem lake. The team is doing very well. This morning we headed out to the orphanage to meet the kids for the first time. We did some icebreaker stuff with them. They wanted to play with everyone's cameras. The local media was there doing a story on us being there so Sherman from GVI and I both got interviewed for the news. Ill try to get a copy of it. I tried to explain what Love Beyond Reason was and why we came to Vietnam to work with the kids. The translation of it is Love without limits. I like that too. We might get tee shirts made up that say that.

Please be thinking of Emily today. She is not feeling well. It doesn't seem to be a stomach bug. More of an sinus infection type thing. A few people went out and got her some medicine.

Tomorrow we head out to the beach. Everyone is pumped for that. The kids are adorable. It's going to be a great experience. I've been practicing my Vietnamese songs! We are headed out for dinner tonight at Highway 4 restaurant in Hoan Kiem district. *google it) The owner is a great lady we met here last year.

The team is doing well and is enjoying learning a new culture and language. We miss you all. Hopefully we'll be able to report to you tomorrow night from Do Sun beach.

LBR,
Chris Barras

5 comments:

  1. Very cool, I bet they amazed by techy stuff, I am praying for you Emily , you will be ok!! Is ginger tea available? Drink it as hot as you can stand it, it helps!!!! Have a Wonderful first day at the beach with the kiddos!!!! Missin' ya'll so much!!!

    LBR, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm praying for my Emily, blessing her with healing and health in the name of Jesus, THE HEALER.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the updates! We are THINKING about you ALOT!!! Lots of love!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gwenyth,
    We miss you lots. Praying all your camera and equipment arrived safely and you can charge everything! Can't wait to see the pics from the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chris asked me (Abby) to post this to the blog- since I didn't create it, I can only post it as a comment:

    Message From Chris:

    "Day 2- off to the beach with the kids"

    Today we went to the beach with the kids from SS3. They are so cute! And tonight we did a talent show with the kids. Bob and George juggled which was sweet! Marissa taught the kids the Cupid shuffle and I sang two songs in Vietnamese! Everyone sang along. It was sweet. We are really getting to know our translators. They are a fun bunch.

    Update: Emily's sinuses are better but now it's in her throat. Please keep her in your thoughts.

    Tropical storm is going to hit Vietnam far south of us. We are good here.

    I'm typing on an iPhone now so I can't write more. Talk to you all tomorrow.

    LBR

    Chris Barras"

    ReplyDelete